Monday, April 9, 2007

Good friends are hard to find

I have had a lovely evening tonight. Of course, with any intro such as that, some prefacing is always required. Let me first start with Katherine. I miss her. She is one of my best friends, although we rarely spent much time together outside of work. We worked together for many years, and it was certainly love at first sight. We highly amused each other, enough that we forgave each other our differences in opinions (she is a Mormon, I'm married to a gay man - you put it together). Anyway, she moved to Arizona before Christmas, and I have been missing her ever since. We talk on the phone, but it's not the same as that face-to-face interraction. She was the kind of friend that you would start out bawling with, and end up crying tears of laughter. She was my girlfriend, and I have been very lonely without her, especially cause she was my work buddy too. I have other friends, but man I miss her.

So anyway, cut to January when I started Chemistry. My mother says, "find someone smart, and be their partner". Imagine my shock when a woman comes up and practically hands me a resume and interviews to be my lab partner. Outright - she needed a partner, I seemed smart, she was hardworking, did we want to study? So that's how I met Dianna. Another classmate keeps hearing our conversations, and coming over to discuss. Finally one day, she bucks her own studymates, and joins our group. Enter Charlene. One other classmate I had bonded with, Dawn, frequents our group, and studies with us. One of Charlene's friends in the class, Tanya, does the same. Anyway, lately we have had a rough time keeping on the studying because we get along so well we start chatting. Tonight Tanya had a dilemma, of life changing proportions, due to her man situation.... so we sat there, from 7:20 - 9:00pm, talking about life, Tanya's life, men, children, and all things in between. I loved it - girlfriends again. Charlene wants us to all go to a weekend at the spa. Dianna is fighting her, but Charlene is talking her into it. All I know is that if these women are going, I want to go with them.

Ya-ya sisterhood, watch out. These women are nuts, and I'm part of the gang.

No comments: